Hermann and Katharina Gmeiner-Wagner, the third generation of the well-known family of jewellers and owners of the House of Wagner, are delighted to inform you of the opening of the Rolex Boutique at the Tuchlauben 2 premises in a listed historic building in the heart of Vienna.
The new Boutique is ideally situated at the corner where Tuchlauben meets Graben, the Austrian capital’s elegant shopping street. These premises, which are exclusively devoted to Rolex watches and which have been designed to reflect the visual and aesthetic identity of the brand with the “crown” symbol, provide an exclusive setting where we can welcome our clients. The Boutique offers its clients the high quality standard on which the famed excellence of Rolex is built and forms part of the network of official Rolex specialist dealers. Only these dealers are authorised to sell and repair Rolex watches, thereby providing a guarantee of genuine Rolex products.
A world of elegance
A glance at the façade, with the long bronze waves running along its length, immediately calls to mind the world of water, an essential element of the Rolex story. It will be recalled that Rolex invented the world’s first ever water-resistant wristwatch in 1926. On each side of the entrance is an archway with a sparkling presentation window, inviting you to look at the models on display and to walk through the door into this listed building with its rich historical traditions dating back to the 1830s.
As soon as the visitor steps over the threshold, an elegant and exclusive world opens up before him, bearing the unmistakeable signature of Rolex. High, generously proportioned rooms satisfy the most discerning tastes. The floor is formed from a marvellously beautiful combination of beige “Crema Marfil” marble and dark parquet, creating a magical interplay of colour contrasts. As he enters, the visitor is faced with an impressive floral arrangement and behind this two sales desks, in which the freshness of the beige marble and the warm colour of the wood are again combined. In the background, an impressive wall of water made of green marble conveys the subtle reference to the Rolex corporate colour and to the depths of the ocean, with which the brand binds together its common history. Several simple interior display cases present a highly exclusive selection of Rolex watches and complete the sense of calm that characterises the entire Boutique.
On the right hand side, the visitor sees a reception area with a similarly refined simplicity of design. Harmonious lines, subdued lighting, sophisticated finishing touches: every detail reflects the aesthetic language of the Rolex brand. To further enhance the spell cast by this area, on the left hand side rises up another wall made of “Aqua Glass” with wave motifs. In front of this is a display case with flat screens showing images of waves, underwater worlds and natural landscapes – spring leaves or snow-covered mountains, according to the time of year. To ensure that the customer feels entirely at ease in selecting his watch from among the extremely extensive range of current Rolex models on display, two sales areas with sliding doors have been installed, in which the finest materials such as leather, marble and plane wood have been used. A truly special experience awaits the customer in these private areas, where he can make himself comfortable, discover the true essence of Rolex values, and have the benefit of the expert advice of the Wagner team.
The opening of the Rolex Boutique coincides with another piece of news: Juwelier Wagner is expanding its range of watches to include numerous Tudor models, which are presented adjacent to the Rolex Boutique in a separate display case. The connecting passage between the premises not only increases the architectural volume of the Boutique, but also gives the entire shop a new lightness thanks to an additional entrance on to Graben.
Rolex and Wagner: a longstanding partnership
The opening of this Boutique is an expression of the outstanding relationship that exists between Rolex and the Vienna jewellery company, which has had a Rolex sales area at its highly symbolic Kärntner Straße location since 1956. As the first official Rolex specialist dealer in Austria, Juwelier Wagner makes a significant contribution to the presence of the watch brand in Vienna. The partnership is characterised by confidence and mutual respect, and has gained a new depth with the opening of the Rolex Boutique by Wagner.
Since its formation in 1917, the House of Wagner has placed special emphasis on its passion for the art of watchmaking at the highest level. The founder of the company, Paul Wagner, was himself a master watchmaker. He was tirelessly focused on precision and loving attention to detail, both in his watches and in his jewellery. This constant striving for perfection – a pioneering value for Rolex, too – has been passed on down the decades, indubitably contributing to the national and international renown of the jewellery business that is now under the management of the third generation of the Wagner family.
For the House of Wagner and its 50 employees, the focus is always on providing clients with an expert and competent service, and ensuring the comfort of clients at all times. The continuity of this atmosphere of comfort goes hand in hand with the acknowledged expertise of our staff. On the first floor of the building in Kärntner Straße is a watchmaking workshop fitted with the very latest equipment, in which five watchmakers trained to Rolex quality standards ensure the maintenance of watches that bear the Rolex “crown”.
ROLEX BOUTIQUE BY WAGNER
Vienna 1, Tuchlauben 2
Tel.: +43 (0)1 512 3 512