TUDOR ROYAL IS #BORNTODARE
Since its creation in 1926, TUDOR has endeavoured to produce the best possible watches at the best possible price. This daring mission, both then and now, derives from the vision of Hans Wilsdorf, the founder of the brand. Inventor of the cornerstones of modern watchmaking: precision for a wristwatch, waterproofness and a self-winding mechanical movement – he dared to dream of a timepiece that would be both technically perfect and affordable and created the TUDOR brand to make it. The TUDOR Royal range is a key example of this uncompromising heritage and promises its future owner nothing less than the best possible quality at the best possible price.
Waterproof in any situation to a depth 100 metres
Produced in Switzerland from a block of 316L stainless steel, one of the most robust in existence, the case of the TUDOR Royal models is waterproof in any situation and to a depth 100 metres (330 ft) below the surface of the ocean thanks to its screw-down winding crown and back. Although it is invisible, its movement, the epitome of Swiss expertise in micro-mechanics, is finely decorated and regulated according to the best chronometric standards of the watchmaking industry. And lastly, without fuss or noise, its “five-link” bracelet is distinguished by the quality of its design, manufacture and finish. All these features and a lot more lend to the celebrated quality offered by TUDOR, a philosophy encapsulated by its brand signature, #BornToDare … always to do better.
SPORT-CHIC WATCH WITH INTEGRATED BRACELET
The TUDOR Royal range is the epitome of balance, elegance and versatility. The details of its design give it a unique personality, especially its characteristic notched bezel with its alternating surface polish and cut grooves. With its integrated metal bracelet, ensuring an uninterrupted line with the case, TUDOR Royal boasts fluidity and an assured style. Characterised by its three wide satin-brushed links set between two slimmer polished elements, the smooth quality of its surfaces, and, above all, its edges emphasise the attention paid by TUDOR to comfort on the wrist. Available in stainless steel, or with alternating links in stainless steel and yellow gold, the models in this range cater to every taste owing to the intricacy of their finish. Available in four sizes, TUDOR Royal is designed to fit any wrist size. The 41 mm version is particularly distinctive as its mechanical movement displays the day at the same time as the date.
SPORT-CHIC WATCH WITH REFINED DIALS
The TUDOR Royal range makes the sunray motif on its dials its own. In black, silver, champagne-colour or blue, this motif, which radiates from the centre of the dial, creates the lighting effects and flattering reflections responsible for the elegance of this line. They are completed by a version in diamond-set mother-of-pearl for the feminine versions. As a final touch of chic, TUDOR has added applied Roman numerals to its TUDOR Royal watches.
THE TUDOR GUARANTEE
Since its creation by Hans Wilsdorf in 1926, and in line with his vision of the ideal product, TUDOR has always strived to make the most robust, durable, reliable and precise watch possible. Bolstered by this experience, and confident in the superior quality of its watches, TUDOR is now offering a five-year guarantee on all its products sold after January 1st 2020. This guarantee does not require the watch to be registered, or any maintenance checks, and is transferable. In addition, all TUDOR products bought between July 1st 2018 and December 31st 2019 will benefit from an 18-month extension to their guarantee, that is to say, a total of three and a half years. TUDOR also recommends that its watches be serviced approximately every 10 years depending on the model and real-life usage.
TUDOR Royal – Technical Facts:
- REFERENCES 28600/3, 28500/3, 28400/3, 28300/3
- CASE 41, 38, 34 or 28 mm 316L steel case with polished and satin finish
- BEZEL Notched bezel in 316L steel or 18 ct yellow gold, alternating cut grooves and polished finish
- WINDING CROWN Screw-down winding crown in 316L steel or 18 ct yellow gold, adorned with the TUDOR logo in relief
- DIAL Black, silver, champagne-colour or blue, sunray-fi nish, with or without diamonds Gem-set white mother-of-pearl (34 and 28 mm only) Applied Roman numerals Day of the week at 12 o’clock (41 mm only)
Date at 3 o’clock
- CRYSTAL Sapphire crystal
- WATERPROOFNESS Waterproof to 100 m (330 ft )
- BRACELET Integrated bracelet in 316L steel or 316L steel and 18 ct yellow gold, 5 rows, satin-brushed external and central links, polished intermediate links, with folding clasp and safety catch
- CALIBRE Self-winding mechanical movement, Calibre 2834 (41 mm) or 2824 (38 and 34 mm) or 2671 (28 mm)
- FUNCTIONS Centre hour, minute and seconds hands Semi-instantaneous date at 3 o’clock Semi-instantaneous day of the week at 12 o’clock (41 mm model only) Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- OSCILLATOR Nivarox, adjustment via index assembly Frequency: 28 800 beats/hour (4 Hz)
- TOTAL DIAMETER: 2834: 33.3 mm; 2824: 26 mm; 2671: 17.5 mm
- THICKNESS: 2834: 5.5 mm; 2824: 4.6 mm; 2671: 4.8 mm; JEWELS 25 jewels
- POWER RESERVE Approximately 38 hours