Juwelier Wagner's History

Wagner Graben Geschäft

The Present

More than 100 years of experience in fulfilling customers' wishes added to the ever-visionary and future-oriented management of the family-owned enterprise have made Juwelier Wagner Austria's undisputed market leader in the top luxury segment of the watch and jewellery industry.

Wagner Juwelen and International Brands

The Wagner Juwelen Design Collections which are well-known far beyond national borders and a large number of sought-after international brands, such as Rolex, Cartier, Bulgari, Hublot, Jaeger le Coultre, Chopard, Panerai, IWC, Breitling, Tag Heuer, Longines and Tudor, make up the company’s extensive range. Wagner’s clientele includes long-standing regular customers from Austria, sometimes even in the second or third generation, as well as many tourists from all over the world. They really appreciate the generous, modern premises, the extensive selection of goods and the product depth, complemented by the expert, friendly advice offered at Wagner.

Juwelier Wagner is one of the few jewellery companies in Austria that has both its own goldsmith’s workshop located in-house and also a watchmaker’s workshop. Both workshops are equipped with the latest technology. Just like the whole company, they attach particular importance to modern management and positive visions for the future.

100 years Juwelier Wagner

2017

100 years Juwelier Wagner

The hundredth anniversary of Juwelier Wagner was cause for special festive celebrations held at Palais Ferstel in November 2017. Today the family business is managed by the third and fourth generations.

Read more in our blog

Austria's first Hublot Boutique

2014

Austria's first Hublot Boutique

Juwelier Wagner opened the first and only Hublot Boutique in Austria, in collaboration with the Swiss luxury watch brand. The Boutique premises are at Kohlmarkt 10, Vienna 1.

First Rolex Boutique in Austria

2011

First Rolex Boutique in Austria

The opening of the first Rolex boutique in Austria, with a separate entrance at the exclusive location of Tuchlauben 2 in the inner city of Vienna, attests to the outstanding relationship between Rolex and Juwelier Wagner.

 

Opening of Juwelier Wagner's second location

2011

Opening of Juwelier Wagner's second location

Juwelier Wagner opened its new premises right in the heart of Vienna, at Graben 21/Tuchlauben 2. Spread over a spacious 700 m2, luxury brands of the highest quality are displayed.

Ring of Honour of the Viennese Burgtheater

2010

Ring of Honour of the Viennese Burgtheater

The Burgtheater awards honorary membership to artists and performers who have rendered exceptional services to the Theatre. The design of the ring of honour was elaborated in the house of Wagner.

Read more in our blog

The Flagship Store is redesigned

2005

The Flagship Store is redesigned

Juwelier Wagner expanded and redesigned its flagship store at Kärntner Strasse 32. The secret behind the feel-good atmosphere at the Wagner store lies in its spaciousness, discriminating design, high-quality interior decoration and the open presentation of precious jewellery and watches is an invitation to browse and linger a while. As a result of realizing this visionary project, Juwelier Wagner has gained both national and international recognition.

Vienna State Opera Ring of Honour

2004

Vienna State Opera Ring of Honour

The Vienna State Opera awards honorary membership to artists and performers who have rendered exceptional services to culture and Viennese opera. The Vienna State Opera’s ring of honour was designed in the Wagner Jewellery Workshop.

Read more in our blog

The blue Wagner Sapphire

1991

The blue Wagner Sapphire

Since 1991, all jewellery from the house of Wagner has been autographed using the blue Wagner sapphire with engraved Wagner “W”.

Read more in our blog

Expansion: a groundbreaking milestone

1990s

Expansion: a groundbreaking milestone

The visionary corporate management was one of the driving forces behind the initial business expansion. The start of new collaborations with international brands marks a groundbreaking milestone on this way. The Italian luxury brand Bulgari has since this time been a shining example of the luxury jewellery and watch brands offered for sale in the house of Wagner.

The third generation

1981

The third generation

With Hermann Gmeiner-Wagner, grandson of the company’s founder and current manager and proprietor of the business, the third generation took over management of the family business in 1981.

Start of a successful partnership

1954

Start of a successful partnership

In Juwelier Wagner, this Swiss watch manufacturer sought and found its first specialist trading partner in Austria. It was the beginning of a very successful partnership.

 

Future-oriented decision-making

1949

Future-oriented decision-making

Jointly with her brother Paul Wagner, Elfriede Gmeiner-Wagner took over management of the Viennese family business. During the challenging time of post-war reconstruction, the house of Wagner evolved to become one of Vienna’s leading inner-city jewellers.

 

The early years of a family business

1917

The early years of a family business

Paul Wagner, certified master watchmaker, founded the family business in Vienna. Juwelier Wagner sold and repaired watches. In the early years, Wagner focused as one of the first businesses the radical technical change in watchmaking, with customer demand shifting from the previously-common pocket watch to the wristwatch. Since the beginning, the company’s philosophy has focused on fulfilling the requirements of a discriminating clientele to the highest quality standard.